Before abandoning all notions of achieving a leaner and/or cleaner life, which I had hoped would be facilitated by my blogging (loosely) on those themes, I plan to embark on one more year--in pursuit of the MEANER LIFE. As I begin another year, I already feel frustrated and angry with how little has changed for the better in my life, my marriage, my house, my family, my church, my city, my state, my country, my world and my universe. I'm not saying that nothing good happens to me, but from my default glass-half-empty perspective, life really sucks sometimes. Call me an ungrateful b---- if you want.
I'm sure I'll find plenty of stuff to single out, from the personal to the global. It's often the small things that drive us the craziest. If I can tap into some of that anger, maybe I can re-purpose it as motivation for positive change; or, just lay it out there as a release; or, just annoy the crap out of everyone, with my negativity!
Everyone has things that make them really mad (p. o.'d), or really irritated, or at least mildly annoyed. Anecdotally, men take out their rage in traffic--on bad drivers. That is not one of my issues.
Therapists have made money on people who have supposedly sublimated their rage, operating with the theory that dealing with the little angry monsters within preemptively prevents the development of larger beasts of self-destruction later on. I have not been in therapy. I am not going to reveal any multiple Sybils within. I just want to rant a bit about things I happen to find annoying: for example, little things, like words people mispronounce, misspell or abuse by overuse; people who litter; political correctness or incorrectness; big things, like belief in or policies based on man-made global warming; or the (often false) advertising which leads us to make decisions regarding food, health and lifestyle that are harmful. I would love to be able to report on some situations of confrontation this year!
Maybe I will elicit a few shares on what really sets you off. Maybe we will discover strategies for implementing change--or just for coping. Or not. I would love to hear your response, even if it's mean. This year, I won't delete it!
I'm not really sure this is a healthy or productive thing to do...I am minutes from clicking on PUBLISH POST...
This year is dedicated to the one who requested that I unleash........you asked for it!!
(The rogue notion first appeared in a post from 2010: Rose at Reds on the River)
No comments:
Post a Comment