Sunday, March 18, 2012

Record-Breaking Heat Wave--March 2012

A crocus about to open in a patch of European Ginger

Just as I am about to fly to Florida for a week, we have had temperatures into the 80's here in Michigan! Can I complain about nice weather? Of course. Is it too hot? Sure. And if I had not promised to dog-sit the grand-dog, would I be tempted to cancel my flight to Orlando? Absolutely.

This crazy weather has even brought a tornado to Dexter, Michigan. Just after blogging about my fears--and reassuring myself that Michigan is a safe place to be, a tornado slammed into the city of Dexter, near Ann Arbor. We have basements and sturdy homes in Michigan, and although over a 100 homes were hit, no one died.

Tete-a-Tete daffodils
Tulips and daffodils can tolerate the returning cold weather (inevitable), but everything is sprouting out like it's spring. I'm finding old sheets for my husband--to cover my hydrangeas that are leafing out, if it gets below freezing before I return.

My back aches from all the spring cleanup, but my mood is much better than in my last post. I have had "sunshine on my shoulders" all week--tank top weather!

The daffodils are blooming bright yellow, but the crocus blooms all but melted in the summer temperatures.

Dragon's Milk Ale

I have enjoyed fine food with friends this week. Thursday was happy hour fajitas on a girls night out. Friday night after the hockey game we enjoyed a cold one and more--outside in perfect weather--just about 72 degrees!

I have put aside all thoughts of hate and war and rumors of war. On a sunny day in the garden, I don't even remember who is president or what I paid for my last tank of gas!

What can I say? The mean within has all but evaporated in the warm cleansing light of summery sunshine--just for this week!

4 comments:

  1. Yeah for the sunshine evaporating the mean!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'll see...lots of cloudy weather typical of a Michigan Spring!

      Delete
  2. Who is that woman in the picture? What happened to her face?

    ReplyDelete